Question
Posted by: Fit flop frenzy | 2009-01-07

do they work

Dear doc,happy new year may we all get fitter.I want to know more about the infamous FITFLOPS.do they work and what is doc`s opinion because although i exercise i also work 12 hours a day and mostly on my feet so when i get home my feet is terrible sore not even to think about a 5 km run.will they be good for me and maybe help with a little toning?thank you doc

Thanks, same to you!

No, I don't believe that these shoes hold the answers they claim to! They probably have some benefit, but it's impossible to find any decent research that is unbiased by marketing claims and sales pitches. I suspect that they may be quite comfortable, and maybe they'll help you in a job where you're on your feet all the time. The only way to know that is to try them on. In terms of the claims made, again, they're embellished by sales pitches and outlandish claims of the things they do. There is always some truth, and I suspect this is no different - they probably do stimulate certain muscles more, and help with sensation. But I'm a sceptic as to the size of the effects, and the "miracles" that these products tend to promise. So there's a chance that they'll be comfortable and novel, but I wouldn't put too much stock in the claims made by marketers.