Question
Posted by: Sarie | 2011/10/19

do not stop menstruating, was admitted to get blood.

Good day,

I want advise on a thing called a mariene or something, it is something for woman to prevent pregnancy, but the docter said that it is for changing hormones? The problem is my mother is 45 years of age, she was admited for to much bloodloss, its going on n few months that she doenst want to stop menstruating, they tryed the " pill"  and now gave her some medisyne to stop blood. nothings working. They say they want to put in n " mariene" . Is this going to work and is this the best option? I would appreciate your advise please. Thank you so much.

Tye Mirena is a reasonable option. It is a progesterone releasing loop. The progesterone decreases the amount of bleeding.

1