Question
Posted by: nn | 2010-08-10

Do not know what to do....

At the moment I feel like everything is falling apart. For the past 2 years, all I have done is be there for all my friends and family and help everyone get through the problems that they had. I put all my needs and feelings aside just to make everyone happy. I was dating a guy for 8 months and he recently had a divorce and he had so many issues, that he landed up taking out all his anger and hurt on me. Needless to say , he hurt me over and over again until I finally decided that enough was enough and left him. Then I hooked up with a friend who I have known for 10 years. We went out one night and slept together and then decided to spend more time together. But I always invite him over to my house or make plans for the movies and he always says he will come with until the last minute. Then he apologies to me and does it again. I had a fight with my dad a few months back and he as written me and my sister off. My cat of 6 yrs had to get put down last month. My best friend and I are fighting at the moment. I just feel like things are falling apart. I am a very strong person but right now I feel like I have had enough. I wish I had someone to talk to and confide in. I feel like everyone is letting me down on a continual basis. Currently I have a really stressful job. I am also taking Nuzak and I feel like it no longer has an effect on me as I am constantly on edge, so full of anger that I want to actually punch someone. I just do not know what to do. I have no interest in life or myself.

Its obviously a Good Thing to be helpful to others - but not at the expense of your own well-being. Otherwise its like being so charitable that you give away every penny of your own funds, and then end up needing charity yourself.
How often do I need to emphasize the importance of NOT getting into relationships while you or the other person is on the rebound from a major breakup ?
Rather see a counsellor / psychologist to work on sorting out all of your own issues and problems, so that you can then start looking for a more wholesome relationship in which you will be more secure from the start. Nuzak may not be the best med to use at present, and a psychiatrist could suggest something that might suit you better - it helps in depression, and at times in anxiety disorders - it does NOT help to deal with highly stressful situations

1