Question
Posted by: MN | 2008/06/11

Do not know what to do

My son is nine turning 10 this year, he is in grade 3. The teacher has been calling us to let us know that he is suddenly failing all his subjects. First term was fine, we have met with the teacher and put a plan into place for home. This has been going fine, but at school there has been no improvement. The teacher mentions that he is also depressed and moody at school. We have tried talking to him to find out if something is wrong and he says no. My husband and I are at our wits end, it is not a lack of ability, just disinterest. We have tried punishing him and postive reinforcement, nothing is working. Do you think that I should take to a psycologist ( spelling).

Maybe he is depressed. Punishment would be worse than useless. Do take him to see a child psychiatrist for a full assessment and advice based on the results of that