Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/24

Do men lose their sex drive after a certain age?

Hi there,
I am 24 year old female and dating a guy who is 37. We' ve been seeing each other for about 8 months now. But we don' t have sex as often as expected of what you can call " the still early stages of a relationship" . Last night after 2 weeks of no sex i asked him what' s happenig? I still don' t have an awnser.

Now i don' t know where to look for the source of the problem: Can it be me? Or do men loose their sex drive after a certain age?

It is not uncommon for there to be normal fluctuations in sexual desire for men. When this happens, women sometimes take it very personally feeling that they are the cause – not long desirous etc. Some causes include stress, financial worry, new medication e.g. anti-depressants and decreasing testosterone levels. Whatever the cause, it is important to be able to communicate about the problem rather than stagnate into silence and withdrawal. Visit the SA Sexual Health Association website for some relationship exercises - click on “Relationships and Sexual Problems” to access this information.

6
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/04

I have the same problem. I am 27 and my bf is 37, but I have an abnormally high sex drive I think! I am ready and keen to do it 3 to 4 times a day, but I' m lucky if I get anything once every 2 weeks. But my bf just started a new job, and he is very busy and travels alot, so I figured it could be that!

Posted by: We also | 2009/04/28

It probably differs from person to person but my husband is 68 + Im 57 + we still do it regularly. My 1 st husband was the same age as me but my 2nd husband is sexually more fit than he was.

Reply to We also
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/28

My husband is 50, i am 31, he has a higher sex drive than i do.

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/04/28

Posted by: RP | 2009/04/28

I am 47, and was just thinking after some wild sex with a new partner a few days ago and plenty of fantasy leading up to it...that not much has changed since I was 25 ) Everyone is different of course..

Reply to RP
Posted by: Ken | 2009/04/24

Interesting one. I am 50 and my girlfriend is 42, we have been involved for 2 years now, and we like it several times a week. It does sound strange that your man is not interested, as he is still fairly young, and as you said, it is still early stages when couples tend to do it a lot. The fact that you don' t have an answer to your question is also worrying. Will be interesting to see what Sexologist says, as something does not sound right.

Reply to Ken