Question
Posted by: Ref | 2012/06/08

Do I stand any chance

I am 38 yr old single woman having a 15 yr old girl and still have a desire to make at least two kids if i will be able to secure myself single and healthy man to make a family with.

My problem is i have once developed some abnormal cells back then which are now resolved but disturbed my cycle a lot as sometimes can take two to three months not seeing my periods,Sometimes i can have only reddish brown discharge in a month which shows that i was supposed to be on periods but it will end up there,no blood will come out as usual. And i have been in and out of hospital trying to normalise them and it seems as if i am not getting any relevant help.

So i am scared that i may end up not having other kids as i am old but still having a dream of getting married and bear beautiful kids for my husband.Please help

Dear Ref
The fact that you have an irregular cycle and miss periods between 2 to 3 months at a time would indicate that there is a hormonal imbalance and that you may not be ovulating every month. In addition the fact that you are now beyond the age of 35 and as you mentioned you are 38, your natural ability to conceive starts reducing after 35. It is not impossible for you to conceive but the earlier you plan your pregnancy and the earlier you get help in regulating your periods, when you have a partner, the better it would be for you to achieve a pregnancy.
Answered by: Dr Y DASOO

2
Posted by: Jes | 2012/07/10

Dear Dr
Please advise, i have 3 health kids, with the youngest being 16. i tried my first cycle of ivf and it failed because only 2 folicles grew after 8 days. My gynea put me on DHEA for the next 2 mnths before i try again. is this the best advise?
Ps. is there anywhere on this website where i can see a glossary for the abbreviations used on this forum.
Thank you.

Reply to Jes
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2012/06/19

Dear Ref
Answered by: Dr Y DASOO

Reply to Fertility Expert