Question
Posted by: Kady | 2010/11/16

Do I need to be on contraceptive at age 45

I have just turned 45 and am in a new relationship and sexually active. Have been off contraceptive for about 5 years and was wondering if I really need to go back onto something as at my age aren’ t the chances very slim to fall pregnant. I’ m not planning on having a baby. Always better to have to stay off the pill if you can. I am still fertile and my periods are regular but have gone from 28 day cycle to 22 day cycle for the past year –  any reason this happened.

While the chances of pregnancy are low, they are not impossible, so if you are not planning a pregnancy, you should use contraception. Cycles do change over time and your change in cycle may reflect age related changes in hormones.

2

Posted by: Andrea | 2010/11/16

If you have not gone into menapause yet and you do not want children you need to be on some kind of contraceptive.

Reply to Andrea