Question
Posted by: Hluphi | 2010-03-22

Do I need a psychiatrist or psychologist

I suffer from ED and been put on injections. But reading a book recently about wartime flings gave me full erection. Do I need a psychiatrist or psychologist to get erection without an injection?

Dear Hluphi,

You do not indicate what the original cause of your ED (which I am assuming you mean erectile dysfunction)is. Do you have a medical (illness or injury)or psychosocial cause. These days the injection is the second treatment option for ED, most often the oral PDE-5 medications are used.You do not indicate why the injection is being used.

If the cause is not medical and permanent in nature, more psychosocial then reading the erotic fantasy of wartime flings may have aroused you like other fantasies arouse other men. Also whilst reading something you are finding erotic, without any demand to perform sexually with a partner, it is probable that you were relaxed enough to get aroused.

I would suggest you consult a sex therapist.

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2010-03-23

Dear Hluphi,

Reply to Sexologist