Posted by: Jenn | 2008-11-03

Do I have symtoms of kidney stones?

Hi doc. On Thursday I started to get that sudden urge to run to the loo constantly and knew that I was starting to get bladder infection since I had it a few times in the past. I decided to try and treat it myself before it gets worse because I' m not always able to get an appointment with my GP. I bought pills over the counter at the pharmacy but by Friday night I had extreme pain in lower back on the right side. I' ve had this before, so I knew that it was spreading to my kidneys and that I have to see a doctor for this but I can only get a appointment for tomorrow late morning.
I' m not using the pharmacy pills anymore, but I am using painkillers (myprodols) and cystemme and I' m drinking cranberry juice. I do feel a bit better and the urge to urinate is gone but still have the pain in my side and I will go to the doctor tomorrow but would like to find out if it gets worse during the day if I can still wait untill tomorrow morning before going to the GP or should I do something emediately? I' m so scared of kidney stones but I read that the pain is much worse so I' m not sure if I have them?

Dear Jenn
I apologize for only responding now to the query - kidney stones are SO sore, that you can't walk upright - so this sounds to me like an infection and you did do what you could so far.