Question
Posted by: Female | 2011-01-27

Do I have obsessive compulsive disorder?

My question stems from many things in my life, but I''m mainly concerned about my relationships. I have been in all of 5 " relationships"  and in all of them I have been the one " chasing"  and when I eventuall y get th eguy I mak ehim my everything and when things do not work out I am beyond brushed, once I even faked a pregnancy... I realise now I have a problem but is it OCB? I seriously feel like a fool afterward with whatever I did or said or the way I acted but at the time I dont see what I am doing. In my current sitaution I will wait for that call and if I dont get it I will call like 5 times after each other to find out where he is what his doing... I also find myself standing at the window waiting to see his car etc... checking his phone to see if his cheating its driving me insane.. Why am I like this and how can I stop its basically been like this in all my relationships.... I am obsessed with may other things now that I think about it... BTW this came as a light bulb moment to me that I might have OBD...Please help

What you are describing is a series of problems ( and maybe a tendency to fail to learn adequately from each crisis ) but doesn't sound in the least like OCD. Work with a counsellor / therapist on your personality probelms, and you should be able to get things much better organized.
Don't reject the counsellor with the fake argument that "I wa nt to do it all on my own" - you've been all on your own for years, and haven't solved anything. The counsellor / psychologiust won't do it for you, even if you ask them to do so - but will help you to do it yourself, but effectively.

8

Posted by: Female | 2011-01-28

and the faking of the pregnancy was many years ago...

Reply to Female
Posted by: Female | 2011-01-28

I have my reasons why I dont want to speak to anyone face to face, and thats my opinion. Lets I admit that I am being immature, but i cannot stop myself and I am asking advise on how to deal with that, CS please can you give me some advise and others opinion''s are also appreciated, thank you...

Reply to Female
Posted by: ? | 2011-01-28

l think you have a problem its called immaturity.The fact that you do not want to see a coucilor shows that you are childishly resisting to recieve help when you are behaving in such a teenage manner.
Faking pregnancy and spying on men is hardly behaviour of a mature woman. Wanting a label rather than constuctive advice is immature.

Reply to ?
Posted by: Female | 2011-01-28

No please i want to deal with this on my own, please can i get advise on how to do that. And yes it is important to me to lable it...

Reply to Female
Posted by: Female | 2011-01-28

Thank you wise owl.

Reply to Female
Posted by: Maria | 2011-01-28

I don''t think you have OCD, but you clearly do have a problem. Is it important to label it? I suggest you see a counsellor to work on your self esteem issues and help you build healthier relationships.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Wise Owl | 2011-01-27

No my dear I don''t think so. I think you DO have a personality problem, the major component being a distinct lack of self confidence,and a lack of self respect. This leads you to making silly decisions and carrying out silly actions. I am not sure how you will be able to rectify these flaws, but I think you have taken a step in the right direction by realising you do have a problem.

Reply to Wise Owl