Question
Posted by: Ingrid | 2008/06/23

do i have appendicitus?

I have a pain in my lower, right hand area of my stomach, close to the hip. It innitially started 4 days ago (Thursday), nothing on Friday, really sore Saturday night, dull on Sunday, and really saw now. I felt a little nauseous last night, but did not vomit. When I press the area, it hurts more, but not excrutiating.

should I be concerned?

Hi Ingrid
Appendicitis usually starts at the navel and then spreads to the R side , you will be feverish, nauseous and not be able to walk upright due to pain. This could maybe an infection in the ovarian tubes, or just an ovulation pain. If it does not subside rather let your doctor have a look.