Question
Posted by: Big eater | 2010/01/15

Do i eat too much

Hi Diet Doc

Compliments of the season , i go to gym and have been for a long time recently i started the 12 week advacned ( 6 day) exercise plan from the fitness doc coloumn. This is what i eat in a day is it too much

Breakfast : 90g Oats ( the pick and pay one with =/- 370kj per 100g) with 100 Ml of fat free milk and a serving of whey ( at about 7am) then i have a grapefruit and another fruit , 150g fat free yoghurt and a whey serving at about 11 , for lunch at about 2 i will have a serving of protein , carb and veg , then at about 4 i will have a serving of veg and protein and then dinner at about 8 i will have a serving of protein and veg. I only use fat free dairy products , i dont exceed more then 300 ml of milk a day incl tea and coffee. I take a multi vit , a vit b and an omega 3 . my protein is always fish ( norm tuna or hake) or skinless chicken fillets . i dont eat sauces other then mr balls sugar fee chutney.I dont use sugar in my tea and coffee ( i do use sweetner) . I train in the morn before i eat anything . i dinrk about 3 litres of water a day

I am a 23 year old female ( 1.62m tall wight 58-60kg)

Thanks ( sorry i know its a long post)

Dear Big Eater
Thank you for your good wishes which I reciprocate heartily. Don't apologise for the length of your post - it gives me more info on which to base my answer. The fact that your BMI varies between 22,1 and 22,9, which is ideal for adult women, indicates that you are not eating more than your body requires esp in view of the amount and intensity of exercise you do. Your diet sounds reasonable and should provide you with all the nutrients you require. Just be careful of not overdoing your liquid intake as this can wash important electrolytes such as sodium, potassium, magnesium and even calcium out of your body and cause so-called 'electrolyte imbalances'. Adults require 2,5 litres of liquid a day (this includes coffee, tea, water, milk, and any other liquid you may ingest).
Keep up the good work

1

Dear Big Eater
Keep up the good work