Question
Posted by: Curious | 2010-08-06

Do cats need a bath post diarreah?

I know cats are very clean animals, always bathing themselves.

My 8 week old tabby is busy recovering from diarreah and his " behind"  is now a bit dirty with wet/dry feces.

With what can I bath / wipe is bud and is it necessary? (I''m a hygiene freek and can''t stand looking at it :) )

Thank you so much

Hi Curious

Yes it is advisable to clean the cats behind. You need to wet the area 1st to soften the faeces and then wash with an animal shampoo. A bath partial bath would be a good idea

2
Posted by: Anon | 2010-08-06

You should be able to wipe with a dampened washcloth or cottonwool. Don''t use anything strong like soap as this will irritate the very senstitive skin on that area. Nothing wrong with being grossed out by it - it''s quite understandable. And, it may even be making kitty uncomfortable too!

Posted by: Cybervet | 2010-08-06

Hi Curious

Reply to Cybervet