Question
Posted by: Susan | 2012/05/29

Do Beta Blockers affect Female Fertility?

I am on beta blockers for mild hypertension. I have been trying to conceive for a while. I have been checked by a fertility specialist and everything is fine. Can the beta blockers be affecting my fertility, and how?

Thanks.

Dear Susan

There has been no report that I know of that links the use of beta blockers in female infertility. So if you are having difficulty falling pregnant, I do not think that the use of beta blockers for your hypertension is the cause if your difficulty in conceiving. You would however need to do further investigations for that.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo