Posted by: Carla | 2009-09-17

DNA testing for Wolf Hybrids

I want to know if DNA tests can be done on a wolf hybrid to determine the percentage of wolf. I know they do it overseas but what about SA?

Dear Carla

Cant help you with this one.

I suggest you contact " Tsitsikamma Wolf Sanctuary"  (google it, it will be your first link.

Very interesting information and also very interesting to visit

Posted by: Carla | 2009-09-18

Thanks cat lady! Chill the breeder sold me her as a " pure"  timberwolf but after doing some research she clearly is' nt.
But thanks anyway

Reply to Carla
Posted by: Chill | 2009-09-17

Might it be cheaper to ask the breeder for this information?

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Cat Lady | 2009-09-17

Google " DNA tests for wolf hybrids"  and you come up with lots of sites. The site Remus I looked at was quite interesting and one of the web pages gives you SA information - yes they can do it..

Reply to Cat Lady