Question
Posted by: Poppie | 2011-01-12

DNA Testing

My boyfriend was involved with a girl who cheated on him (let''s call him A) about 18 months ago. She found out she was pregnant after they broke up, but said the baby was the guy who she cheated with''s child.

Every time she and this guy breaks up, she starts claiming it''s my boyfriend''s child again.

At first we wanted to organise DNA tests for him and the baby, but last night we''ve chatted and decided that it should actually first be her proving that A is not the baby''s dad, as this is what she''s been claiming all along.

Any advise on if this is the right route to follow??

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would suggest that your boyfriend demand a paternity test, for his and your sanity, but more importantly in the child's interest.

Bertus Preller
Family and Divorce Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011-01-16

Bertus Preller
Family and Divorce Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert