Question
Posted by: Bekommerd | 2008/09/30

Dizzyspells &  Headaches

Hi there!

I have been getting " dizzyspells"  for maybe three months now. It will start with my left eye going " misty"  and then I will know the dizzyspell is coming. After such an incident, I will have these terrible headaches, that can last 2-3 days. I did go and see my local GP and he diagnosed Vertigo. However, these " dizzyspells"  and headaches are now getting worse, without the " warning"  signs first(Eye going misty). The other day I was driving and I could see the road anymore. My focus goes all out, I get terribly nasues and tremble. I get a cold sweat and this will last for +/- 10 minutes. After that I will be fine, except for the headaches. I' m scared of driving, because I have two small children, and what will happen is I get one of these " attacks"  while driving on high speed. Do I need to worry or could this be Vertigo? Please advise? Thanks!

Hallo Bekommerd
This sounds to me like a kind of migraine you are getting. Ask your GP to refer you to a neurologist as you need further examinations. (At least a full neurological exam and maybe a brainscan) Ask your doctor to try a preventative medication if you have to wait long for a neurologist appointment?

1

I would suggest you go and see and Eye specialist.