Question
Posted by: anon | 2009-08-06

Dizzyness, chest pain, mild cold

I feel like I am getting a mild cold - started on Tuesday with headache and slightly more mucous than usual - also sudden onset of a dry cough

Now I am getting sudden dizzy spells as if my blood sugar is low and stabbing chest pain (mostly on the right hand side though) - but not when I cough.

Is this something to be concerned about?

Dear Anon
The dizziness can be due to fluid in the middle ear affecting the balance centre, and the chest pain could be due to viral inflammation of the pleura of the lung or of the chest muscles - see your doctor if it gets worse.