Question
Posted by: Jess | 2011/05/19

Dizzyness

Hi Doc!

I have been getting dizzyspells lately. They don''t last for more than 4-5 seconds, but when they do occurr, i feel off balance for a few seconds. I have also been struggling with my balance since i had the first dizzespell +/- 2 weeks ago. I''m starting a new job that requires a lot of travelling and I''m scared that this might happen while on the road, which could proof to be fatal as it takes me a few seconds to " get back to reality" . Any suggestions or could it maybe be a shortage of some kind? Maybe vitamins or minerals?

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi Jess

you do not mention your age or whether you are on treatment of any kind.

It is possible, though unlikely, that your dizzy spells are due to an abnormally slow heart rhythm of some kind, so my advice would be to see a cadriologist and wear a 24 or 48 hour heart rate and rhythm monitor so that you can establish what your heart rate and rhythm are when you have these dizzy spells.

Obviously, if your rate and rhythm are completely normal when you have them, you can be very sure they are non-cardiac.

Hope that helps and that it turns out to be benign

3
Posted by: pikkie | 2011/07/30

hi,my husband is getting dizzy
he have high blood pressurre
and the dr say his heart is inlarge.
what does it mean and why is he feeling dizzy''
tks pikke

Reply to pikkie
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011/05/31

Hi Jess

Reply to Cardiologist
Posted by: gloria | 2011/05/23

hi there

im experiencing the same signs my doctor said mine is caused by high blood pressure he prescribed drugs that made the problem worse i went back and he changed them im also using omega 3 &  6 and other food supplements the spells are there but not as often as before i forget i even did ct scan which came negative. im anxious to hear what the expert will say

Reply to gloria