Question
Posted by: Suzanne | 2010/08/05

Dizzy Spells &  Lightheadedness

I am 26 years old and have always been a sickly person since I was a baby. I suffer from interstitial cystitis, as well as severe allergies. I had an allergy attack last week and now have throat infection (which is a regular occurrence in my life since child-hood, at least every 2nd month), and sinus infection which leaves me feeling as if I have the flu, but it''s not. For the past few days I have been extremely dizzy and light-headed. I feel as if I''m ''floating'' and can''t seem to put two thoughts together, I feel as if I''m going to fall over on the spot or fall asleep. This is starting to worry me because it is getting worse and I have a four year old child to take care of, and can''t seem to concentrate on my work. My husband works night shift and my daughter is very difficult, which doesn''t help matters much. Please give me some advice as to what you suggest I can do. Thank you

Hallo Suzanne
Maybe you should see your doctor - he can prescribe something for the dizziness and he needs to check if you need antibiotics for the sinus symptoms or if you could maybe use a 3 day cortisone course to reduce the symptoms quickly. I also wonder if they shouldn't also check your thyroid hormone levels and iron levels.

2
Posted by: Suzanne | 2010/08/12

Thank you for the advice Dr.Bets, I really appreciate it! I do know that I have suffered from low blood pressure and anaemia before. I never thought of it before, maybe it would be a good idea to get my thyroid checked out as well because in the past couple of months I have picked up a great amount of weight and it is not due to anything that I''m eating, I am eating the same as I always have been. I am however under the treatment of Groote Schuur at the moment for endometriosis and they have just taken me off the Dipoprivera injection and put me onto Nordette....I''m just wondering if all of these changes in contraceptives is not also causing havoc with my system because in the past 2 years they have changed my contraceptive methods about 4 or 5 times?!?

Reply to Suzanne
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/08/05

Hallo Suzanne