Question
Posted by: Nombuso | 2009-01-27

Dizzy spells

I have a problem with dizziness, my Dr gave me iron tablets, but they dont seem to help, i become dizzy and light headed, it feels as if things are moving especially when i' m driving, usually i have breakfast and lunch but not super as when i get home, i' m tired constantly and i just sleep. I feel a though i can sleep for hours on end, during the weekend i sleep for about the whole on saturday +- 13hours and it seems as if i havent slept enough. please advise on could be possibly wrong with me, maybe i' m missing other minerals n vitamins.I' ve tried Cetrum tablets but they also not helping. I also discovered that in my family has a history od sugar diabetes

Dear Nombuso
If your dizziness and extreme tiredness are due to iron-deficiency anaemia then it can take up to 3 months or more for the iron tablets to replenish your depleted iron stores. Contact your dr again and ask him if you are suffering from iron deficiency anaemia and also tell him how severe your symptoms are because it is possible to receive iron by infusion at the dr's rooms which would work faster. The following foods are excellent sources of easily absorbable iron: red meat, liver, fish, eggs, iron-fortified breakfast cereals, maize meal and bread, plus dried fruit like raisins.
Contact your dr and let's see if he can give you an iron infusion to speed up your recovery.
I hope you soon feel much better.

1
Posted by: nombuso | 2009-01-28

thank you, for the advice

Reply to nombuso