Posted by: sash | 2011-10-10

for the last +- 3months I''ve been having alot of dizzy spells, Sometimes they even wake me up from sleep and the room feels like its spinning. Whenever my head changes levels i.e. sitting to lying down I get it. Sometimes I won''t be doing anything and I''ll get it. I''ve been to the doctor for it. I had my blood pressure checked and they did blood tests and found nothing wrong or unusual.Also I am not pregnant and am not on any medication except Ginette which my doctor is aware of because he prescribed it. It''s not goint away though and I don''t like it at all. Any idea what could be causing it?

I suggest that you conult an ENT specialist for an examination, to exclude middle ear pathology. Sometimes the condition can be resolved with a simple manouvre where your head is tilted back and abruptly moved from side to side. There is also medication as an option.