Posted by: Rose | 2010-06-18

Thank you for your reply. I normally do suffer from slightly low blood pressure but when I had it checked yesterday it was on the high side for me 87/147. Last night I had the most excruciating pain/pressure in my annum. It felt as though I was trying to push out a baby although I was not passing any stool or even trying to. Eventually I fainted in the bathroom. When I came around the pain was wearing off. This has happend about four times in the last couple of years. Could it be associated with the dizziness and do you think I should see a doctor.

It sounds like if your blood pressure is unstable. You will have to consult your doctor, in order to have a 24 hour ambulent blood pressure monitor done. This will give a clear indication of what your blood pressure is doing over a 24 hour period, especially at night. A blood pressure reading of 147/87 is quite high and should be investigated further.

Your doctor will also have to check your thyroid and blood glucose levels, in order to get a clear indication of why you are getting dizzy spells and faints.