Question
Posted by: BvZ | 2008/06/26

Dizzy?

I am a 30 year old female with a 10 week old baby. Felt a bit strange yesterday and duly fell to the floor like a big bag of patatoes (did not loose consciousness). Today feeling like I am floating. About a year ago we moved to a small town, stopped smoking, have a drink or junk food once in a blue moon, work from home. I am a bit round but not overweight. Not taking any medication. I have a history of high blood pressure but since doing the above it looks a lot better.

Dear BvZ
If you did not lose consciousness it is highly unlikely to be due to epilepsy or fainting - so my guess is that you probably have a middle ear disorder like labyrinthitis - but you will need an examination by your doctor to confirm and treat correctly.