Question
Posted by: Ronald | 2010-01-19

Dizziness, partial black outs

When bending forward, head almost inverted, I become dizzy, slightly nauseous, sometimes suffering a partial black out. I don' t faint or pass-out, as I am conscious &  am able to move my head to avoid the feeling. What could be the cause of this?

HI Ronald

Sounds like a blood pressure issue, because that's what changes when you bend down and change your head position.

It can be treated with medication, which isn't always ideal (if it can be avoided, then why not). Increasing the salt intake in the diet can help, if indeed it's a blood pressure issue. Exercise also helps, although if you exercise, for a short time after, your BP might actually fall which makes this even more likely to happen.

So I think it's a BP issue. That's not to say it's definitely that - you might wish to consider having some form of testing for it, particularly if it does get worse or happen more frequently. Always better to be safe than sorry, and so you might do this in the future.

1
Posted by: fitnessdoc | 2010-01-25

HI Ronald

Reply to fitnessdoc