Question
Posted by: ladyR | 2009-03-23

Dizziness in Pregnancy

I am about 13 weeks pregnant. I am experiencing so much dizziness acompanied by some nausea. I dont have vomitting. I do have a bit of low blood pressure. Can I do anything to redy it?

Thank u

Dear ladyR
Yes, there are medications you can take for low blood pressure in pregnancy - you will need a prescription though. The nausea if combined with vertigo ( a feeling like the earth is spinning around you/being off balance) could be due to a problem in the middle ear - viral infections, increased pressure in the middle ear. If this is the case you should see your doctor for treatment.
The high levels of progesterone in early pregnancy can cause early morning nausea (morning sickness) and can be treated by Emetrol