Posted by: Dizzy D | 2009-01-06

Dizziness and vision problem

Doc, I have been having spells where my vision becomes distorted. It' s hard to explain, but I get light areas and jagged white light images in my field of vision. I cannot focus on reading material or screens because these images in my field of vision are in the way. I also feel slightly dizzy at these times. It lasts about 20 to 40 minutes when it happens.

Dear Dizzy D
You need to please go to an optometrist for an eye test and ask them to look at the retina to see if there are any signs of retinal tears or floaters. Then also see your GP and ask him to check for high/low blood pressure and signs of migraine. If any abnormalities are found they will refer you to an opthalmologist (eye specialist)

Posted by: Dizzy D | 2009-01-07

Thanks Doc. Done the eye tests and eyes are fine. I have hypertension, but it has been under medication control for the last 20 years, so blood pressure is fine. I do not get headaches or migraines at all. I am 53, maybe it' s just age. :-)

Reply to Dizzy D