Posted by: nicci | 2009-06-03

Dizziness and shooting pain

Hi there,

Renently, around 2-3 months I have been suffering from dizziness, happens mainly when I get up, I will lose vision and feel off balance, my face tingles and feels hot. As I regain vision I see stars. Its was very bad on Saturday and happened throughout the day. Also since I was a child I would now and then get a sharp pain from my neck that would shoot into the right side of my jaw and up into the same side of the face. After the shooting pain my jaw and face would feel tender, tingly and also very numb. I have have had very bad shooting pains that have made me fall to the floor from the pain. Im starting to feel a little concerned with all of this.
Im on Venlor for anxiety and depression and will be for life, and also the evra patch.
Your feedback would be very helpful.

Hallo Nicci
Your blood pressure may be low and you may also be suffering from a kind of migraine, called Ice pick headaches. I think you should ask your dr to check your blood pressure as well as your iron levels and blood cell count for anemia, and you may need to try using something preventatively for the headache like Indometacin 25 mg per day if your doctor agrees with my suspicion after examining your neck.