Posted by: Cindy | 2009-07-10

Hi Doc,
Ok here is my story. For the last weeek I seem to get dizzy spells that last most of the morning. During this time i feel nausea but do not throw up, i feel weak and off balance and lightheaded. I thought that this might have been low blood sugar but this happens after i eat as well and before i have even done any type of exercise. (The last time i got dizzy spells was due to low blood sugar because i was exercising on an empty tummy - which i dont do anymore). I feel like i could even be drunk (which is funny because i dont drink). This last like i said most of the morning and towards the later afternoon I feel fine again. I sometimes get hot flushes as well and my ears burn from the heat, but this doesnt happen everyday unlike the dizziness. Do you think its more serious that i should worry and make an appointment to see my GP? Or could it be something like low blood sugar?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

I suggest that you consult your GP for a full examination, as there is a multitude of reasons for your symptoms, i.e. pregnancy, diabetes, hypo-thyroidism, chronic infection etc.