Question
Posted by: Nola | 2008-11-11

Dizziness

Dear Dr Bets,
I have been experience unexpected feelings of dizziness/ off balance. My blood pressure is fine, the doctor says that my ears are also ok.
It seems to be more frequent when working infront of my computer for long periods of time.- but also when I am stressed /upset. I am not sure if I it could be my eyes - it causes me to panick, as for a few seconds i feel totally out of control. The doctor did test my blood suger about a month ago ... This is now starting to impact on my day to day life ....Kind regards

Hi Nola
If you feel off balance ( it feels like the world is turning around you) , it may be caused by something in your inner ear ( that your doctor can't see because it is behind the ear drum) - we call this vertigo. You could ask him to try Stugeron or Serc for it , or to refer you to an ENT specialist. It can be very debilitating as it can be associated with nausea or even falling over

1
Posted by: NolaC | 2008-11-11

I also have eye problems. My eyes are blurry. I can not see people on a distance. On my home computer I can see okay. My work computer I set the the page to 125%. Just to see something. So I feel with you. I went for eye tests. They can do nothing.
A friend

Reply to NolaC