Question
Posted by: tc | 2009-01-13

Dizzie and weak

For the last 2-3 months I have be suffering form a very dizzie head and weakness (I struggle to get up a flight of stairs). I quired it with my GP and he said the my blood pressure was low (100/80) and recomended drinking Marmite in hot water when I started feeling dizzie.

Normally I would blame this feeling on my Thyriod (lack of - I have hashimotas desease), but I am now wondering if it is not the Crestor 20mg that I am taking for cholestrol. I had my Thyroid fuction and Cholestrol tested about 6 months ago and my thyroid fuction was fine but my cholestrol was not down so my GP put me on Crestor.

I would appreciate your opoinion.

Hi TC
Crestor can cause weakness, dizziness and muscle pain. It can cause a serious muscle problem called rhabdomiolysis. Ask your doctor to check your urine for blood and do some bloodtests as some laboratory abnormalities have also been reported: dipstick-positive proteinuria and microscopic hematuria, Abnormal liverfunctions and thyroid function abnormalities.
I think you should stop the Crestor until this is properly investigated.