Posted by: Jo | 2009-01-22

DIY divorce

Is it possible to do a divorce on one' s own, without including lawyers etc? The couple are married in community of property and there are no children involved.
thank you

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Jo,
Kindly note that SADSA advice does not constitute legal advice.
There are various ways to get divorce and if the idea is to save on legal cost there are indeed ways to go about addressing the divorce yourself, if you are comfortable that all aspect have been covered. The advice of a mediator is cheaper and still provides valuable legal advice....

Posted by: Busy there... | 2009-01-29

Let me know if you found the way - else I' d gladly help you!

lize.taljaard at gmail dot com

Reply to Busy there...
Posted by: been there | 2009-01-23

I' ve done it - if there is going to be no fights etc it is much cheeper, faster and easier, especially if there is no children involved. Go for it!

Reply to been there