Question
Posted by: Lynne | 2010/03/30

Divorced Friend I fancy

I always liked my boyfriend''s friend (but for 12 years we were happy tog &  he was happily married).We broke up &  he is getting divorced after 10 yrs &  has 2 kids.We are close, admit we have a very trusting friendship.Respect the boundaries.Hv mutual sense of humour.There is something there.I''m over my ex.He is a very " good"  guy as I am a lady.On average as I am told does a man have to have a " rebound"  or two before he can look at a stable relationship again?I would never want to lose him as a friend &  would never make a move unles he made it first, he''s that kind of guy.But I don''t want to be the rebound.I''m 44, he''s 42.

How often does one have to warn against rebound relartionships ? Any relationship rushed into after someone's divorce or break-up is at higher than average risk of problems. Isn't it more valuable to both of you to be good friends rather than lovers ? Why not stick with that before considering taking it further ?

1