Question
Posted by: ANON | 2009/10/27

DIVORCE  USING ATTORNEY

My husband institued divorce against me after accusing me of having an afair. He went directly to the court and collected an app there. This is one of em diy diorce. In the interim I have investigated and found that he is having the affair and I have evidence against him which he knows of. He still wont confess to the affair. Now he does not want me to use an attorney to defend the application, he wants us to resolve the conditions of the divorce between ourselves. I think he is afraid i would sue for alienation of affection. Prior to receiving the summons my husband was not speaking to me for just over 2 months. Now 3 weeks after the summons was issued and because he knows that i believethe reason is bcos he is having an affair he talks to me. In the last 4 days we even had sex. On sunday night we had sex and spent the night sleeping in each others arms. One of his reason for divorce is " the parties have lost all love and affection for each other" . I don' t want this divorce. He wont go 4 counselling. Pls advise.

Het a lawyer of your own. If you really can't afford one, check the free law clinic at your nearest law school. You must protect your interests - and if he has put all his property into the names of his family, he may have been planning to evade the consequences of various of his actions, all along

6
Posted by: Woman | 2009/10/27

No problem, I wish you the best of luck with your brand new start!

Reply to Woman
Posted by: ANON | 2009/10/27

Im in my early 40' s. Thanx 4 da great advise.

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Woman | 2009/10/27

Do you realise that you are sounding like your mother (and my mother, for that matter) There are laws in this country that will protect you. He will have to pay alimony for you. He will get investigated by the courts and he can go to jail if he is cooking his books.

20 years - you' re either in your 40' s or 5o' s right? You are still young enough to make a great life for yourself out there! See this as an exiting new start for you. New hair, new clothes - new life! No cheating lying bastard to make you cry.

Reply to Woman
Posted by: ANON | 2009/10/27

My reason for not wanting the divorce is that we are married 20 years, i don' t have any finance, the house and all his vehicles are in his brothers name... I can claim nothing. He is self employed but currently sitting at home...

Reply to ANON
Posted by: Woman | 2009/10/27

Why do you not want to divorce the cheating bastard? Do you want to stay with him while he cheats again and again. And when you get tired, he screws you to shut you up?

Get an attorney, he wants the divorce, he has to pay for it. The BASTARD!! Where is your guts, girl? Who does he think he is, treating you like this?

Reply to Woman