Question
Posted by: urgent | 2011-01-10

divorce settlement help pls

I have been divorced for the past few years. the house is still on both our names. The settlemet agreement was that he will take over the mortagage bond( i.e payments and everthing related to it) . when i consulted the lawyer which caused me R1000 just for consultation, he saisd the statemnt can mean that he takes over the repayments only so what i need to do is to sell the house. the bank has been requiring a letter signed by both of us and copies of Id ( which is diffucult for me to find). I need help in how to go about this. my daughter and i can not apply for a house due to this. which is the cheaper way to solve this?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I need to have sight of the Settlement Agreement in order to advise you properly.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys
Skype: divorceattorney

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011-01-16

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Divorce and Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za
W: http://www.divorceattorney.co.za
Twitter: www.twitter/edivorce
Skype: divorceattorney

Reply to family law expert