Posted by: Ilza | 2010-01-17

Divorce or not?

My husband &  I havem been married 4 years our son 3 year old. We have arguments alot lately and he says I treat him like dog and make all rules. He has no say in anything and he is tired of being treated this way. Claims he does not love me anymore because of this treatment and if I want to divorce then so be it???? What kind of answer is this from him. What should I do?? I do still love him.

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Ilza,

You seem very surprised by how your husband is interpreting your relationship which calls to have your pattern of communications looked at.
Not all communication is verbal and sometimes just the way we look at someone is enough for that person to have a feeling about what someone may think about them. It is possible that your husband has self esteem issues and has a distorted idea about you think of him. As a mother to a three old you probably are very busy with your son and for some men it is hard to not have most of his wife's attention.
I would encourage you to seek couple counselling before any final decision is taken.