Question
Posted by: Aster | 2010/03/21

Divorce - ANC with accrual

Please help. Am married with an ANC with accrual. All my money has gone into the house and kids over the years. I now want to get divirced. According to the ANC pension is going to be part of acrued assests. If this is so, from what I understand ,I will recieve 50% of my husbands pension. When will I have access to tist? I have given the last 25 years to him - and have nothing else to my name. Please advise

Expert ImageFamily law expert

At divorce, the value of the assets obtained during the marriage (the accrual) will be shared equally. The accrual is determined by calculating the difference in the net starting value and the net final value of the estate of each spouse with the exclusion of inheritances, legacies and donations. On dissolution of the marriage the value of the difference in the accrual of the two estates, taking inflation into account, is then divided equally. Payout of pension normally occurs within 60 days of the divorce.

Bertus Preller
http:www.divorceattorney.co.za
email: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

1
Posted by: Family law expert | 2010/03/22

Bertus Preller
http:www.divorceattorney.co.za
email: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za

Reply to Family law expert