Question
Posted by: CAM | 2009/11/12

DIVORCE &  RETRENCHMENT

5 weeks ago received divorce summons from husbnd. Today company advised us of liquidation and termination of employment end december. I' m devastated. It' s like my world is tumbling down. It seems I will loose my kids to hubby as I wont hav income.... feel helpless

How awful to have two calamities arrive at almost the same time. See a counsellor if you can ( and maybe Lifeline can help here ) and get support from family and friends. Explore the availability of free legal help from the Law Clinic at your nearest Law School. I don't see why you should lose the children to your husband. It's not your fault that you have working in a business which has closed down ; and he would have to pay you maintenance to support the children, if you kept custody. The court would have to decide based on what would be in the best interests of the children. And the reason for him suddenly deciding to divorce you could become relevant.

5
Posted by: Danie | 2009/11/13

Test

Reply to Danie
Posted by: deedee | 2009/11/12

CAM, your only option now is to FOCUS ON SOLUTIONS. Put all your energies from the fear, uncertainty and rejection you feel right now and DIRECT it to making an action plan.

You say goodbye to your husband
You start right now finding another job. Get out there to employment agencies, scour the newspapers and submit your CV to all online sites and there are MANY online job sites. jobs4u, jobmail, careers24, etc.

And don' t stop. Do not allow yourself to become dejected. Remember a lot of people wait for their bonus in December and then will only leave their jobs in January, so the timing is actually more in your favour than not.

I am sorry to hear about these calamities but use them to help make you stronger. Geez, at this rate you will become invincible. You can turn your bad luck into success. Just maintain focus on what you NEED to do now as you cannot actiually change what' s already happened.

You deserve success and you will get there! And getting a new job means you more likely to hold onto your children. use this to fuel your drive to succeed. For you, for your children. It' s all on YOU and you have no choice but to win!

Reply to deedee
Posted by: deedee | 2009/11/12

You say goodbye to your husband

Reply to deedee