Question
Posted by: Mel | 2009/04/06

Divorce-A Few Questions

Good day everyone. I posted on the parenting Forum and was advised to try this side. I am married to a lying, cheating, abusive man and i know i need to divorce him, otherwise i am gonna end up in the grave. I tried a few lawyers but they are really expensive and i do not have the funds now. Please can someone tell me how to go about. Also i think i need a restraining order against him coz i am HELL scared of him.
Thanks a mill

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Hi Mel,

kindly note that SADSA does not offer legal advise, only emotional support.
Your situation sounds harmful and your fear should be an indication that you must do something about it.
Your safety is of utmost importance.
Is there a friend, family, relative you got to and stay with while you figure out the legal ways to protect yourself? All can be addressed and figured in due time but first make sure you are safe.
I am here for your emotional support and you can write to me at info@sadsa.net

Please take care
Warmest regards
Nadia

2
Posted by: Jack | 2009/04/17

I don' t know about the law in but I don' t think you have to die before people take notice of miserable life you are living in .Divorce is the best solution than advice to stay in the bad relationship.The law must do something . we must be able to change this law .

Reply to Jack
Posted by: Sherlee | 2009/04/06

Sorry to hear that Mel, I am in the exact situation, only difference is my husband is not physically abusive but verbally, cheats constantly and lies. If you get an answer to this, please let me know, as I am looking to get rid of the lying, using, manipulating sob as soon as possible.

Reply to Sherlee