Question
Posted by: Anon | 2009-10-29

DIVORCE!

I recently received divorce papers from hubby. I feel totally shattered. I feel lost and afraid. I know he is in another relationship but can' t prove this. Is it normal for me to have these fears. I feel like the kids will turn against me and I will be alone. How do I deal with this. My husband seems to be coping well.

Isn't there a divorce support forum within H24 ? If still here, its members might help. Its very normal to be concerned, when such papers apparently arrive as a surprise ( VERY bad manners on his part !) to be chocked and stressed, and indeed to wonder whether he may be having an affair. It's always, to me, a shame when either partner gives up on a marriage without at least trying marriage counselling as a possible way to solve irritating problems

3
Posted by: Ty | 2009-10-30

Divorce is not always negative, it could turn out for the better for you, it did for me my x wife divorced me and now I' m re married and as happy as can be

Reply to Ty
Posted by: Bron | 2009-10-29

Dont feel afraid - see this as an opportunity to make new choices and a new life. If he is coping well, he is clearly done with the marriage, but his loss! Pick yourself up, dust off your clothes and keep your chin up. There is life after divorce.

Reply to Bron