Question
Posted by: Oops, something not working anymore | 2010/01/20

Diverticulitis operation

I had op for burst diverticulitis, fortunately happened in hospital, so could get immediate surgery. Nice slice from sternum all the way down, and decided to remove gall bladder as big stones in there.

Had colosomy bag for 4 months, then had op to repair me and get my colon working well again. And it is, except bacterial activity in gut is somewhat different, flatulence is the order of the day like never before.

But big problem is this - I can no longer ejaculate if I have an orgasm. After the first op all worked fine despite colostomy, but only since its been removed and colon rejoined with of course the diseased part removed, have I been unable to ejaculate.

I figured that with time it would come right, but no joy. No problem having an orgasm, but drier that the Sahara desert. There used to be quite a lot of fluid secretion prior to orgams, but not even that happens now, and if it does, its such an insignificant amount.

Any explanation as to why this could be the case when everything was fine after first op and prior to repair op, but now not?

Thank you.

Hallo Oops
In a small % of patients, after an abdominal operation, retrograde ejaculation develops. It means that instead of the fluid coming out in front, it pushes backwards into the bladder. It is not dangerous or damaging in any way but can cause infertility. It happens because the valve at the opening of the bladder does not close as tightly as it should, maybe due to altered nervous stimulation. It does not impair your sexual performance in any way except that you don't see the fluid (you should still feel the orgasm?)
Try using probiotics and Pancreoflat with each meal three times a day for the flatulence.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/20

Hallo Oops

Reply to cyberdoc