Question
Posted by: worried | 2009-04-15

Diverticulitis

My husband is suffering from severe diverticulitis. Yesterday he went for a colonoscopy and the outcome was really not so good. He is very constipated. What may he eat and what not? Your help will be appreciated very much.

Dear Worried
I am sorry to hear about your husband's diverticulitis. This is a tricky condition to treat. Because of the seriousness of your hubby's condition, I would recommend that he should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), because using the correct diet can make a great deal of difference to the situation. To read more about this condition click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do a Search with 'Diverticulitis' as I have written articles on the dietary aspects of this condition.

1
Posted by: mfn | 2009-04-15

My husband is also suffering from heart burn . He is using renis everytime. It has been quiete a long tine , he is from doctor to doctor. It started aftermeal now is even if he has not taken anything

Reply to mfn