Question
Posted by: Lolly | 2008/09/23

diverticulitis

Any tips for my Mom suffering from diverticulitis? There is quite a lot of medication she is allergic to so we would need to focus on a diet-related remedy.

Dear Lolly
I am sorry to hear that you dear Mom suffers from diverticulitis which is quite a tricky condition to treat. I would recommend that your Mom should consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). To read more about diverticulitis click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then do Search with 'Diverticulitis', as I have written an article on the dietary aspects of this condition.