Posted by: Karin | 2010-06-22

Div for more than a year

Hi all, I''ve been div for just more than a year now and Im seeing someone for the past 6 months. I don''t know if my ex is seeing someone. The thing is, he wanna pay maintanence when he wants and how much he wants. This freaks me esp when I call him and his eating out or gone dancing. I too dine out and go dancing but my kids are sorted. He has money to spend on friends or females but non for his kids!!! This is way too frustrating. We end up having ugly fights but he thinks im going on with him because im jealous of his social life....Am I??

Expert ImageDivorce support expert

Dear Karin,

There are two points which I see need to be addressed.

1. that the father of your children pays maintenance when ever he wants. Parents must be equally responsible for their children's financial and emotional wellbeing and this should be kept separate from any conflicts still existing between the parents.
This need to be addressed legally and he must pay the maintenance regularly.

As for his private life, and yours, this is no longer relevant to each other. It does sound like you are having a hard time moving on. Who he sees and what he does is not relevant and should not be of your concern unless there is obvious reasons to believe that it does impact negatively on the children.