Posted by: Marco Delport | 2012-06-23

Hi. I have High Blood Pressure and it stays around 140/80. I am on Pritor and Amloc daily dose but my blood pressure stays around 140/80. What can I do. I am not overweight and my age is 28. One thing I picked up is I urinate only 2 - 3 times a day. Can it be that I have excess fluids in my body? Kidney problems maybe thats why the blood pressure is high?

You can consult your doctor for blood tests and an urine analysis to determine if your kidneys are functioning normally. Your doctor can add a diuretic to your blood pressure regime. I also suggest that you consult a dietrician for a low salt diet, as high salt intake can cause water retention and in turn elevated blood pressure. Frequent cardio-vascular exercise will also help to control your blood pressure.