Question
Posted by: Fallen | 2009-03-02

Disturbing behaviour of little boy

On Saturday night I attended a braai with people that I don' t know very well. A mother was there with her son who is four (his speech is very underveloped and you have to listen carefully to understand what he says). I played with the little boy and at some point during the evening he took my hand and placed it on his crotch and rub himself up against me. He asked me to " go outside with him" . I took my hand away and asked, " what do you want to do outside?" , he again placed my hand on his crotch and said " i want you to do what my mommy does." 

I have NO CLUE how to handle this! I was not mistaken in his actions, but maybe I misunderstood him! This has been bugging me, but what am I supposed to do?

Certainly a chilling experience. I suppose it is remotely possible that he was thinking of going outside to wee in the garden, and his mom might help him re-arrange his pants for this, but surely in a house he'd want to use the loo, and his mom was there to help, anyway, so why would he need to ask anyone else ?
This does sound ominously like there could have been some form of child abuse going on. Mabe if you'd have gently asked " And what is it your mommy does ?" the matter might have become clearer. You say you don't know that family well --- are there other friends of yours who were there, who DO know them well ? COuld you usefully discuss this discretely with such a mutual friend, who might be in a better situation to help you to assess it ? Otherwise one might want to call the local child welfare auhorities and ask for advice, and whether they could have a way, without too much disruption or further upseting the little boy, to investigate further ?

2
Posted by: freaky | 2009-03-02

Sis

Reply to freaky
Posted by: kg | 2009-03-02

Oh my word! I have chills running down my spine...

Reply to kg