Question
Posted by: Motlalentwa | 2011-02-03

Distance Relationship

I am in a distant relationship with a lady in a foreign country, the distance between us is 500km. Does a distance relationship really work? loneliness is a problem as we cannot meet as we wish, telephone calls are very expensive. She is running a business which is doing very well in her country of origin and I am working in SA, so for now the question of moving together is out.

Its surprising how often this sort of question crops up. ALL relationships are difficult ; long-distance ones are more difficult, for so many reasons. Both are lonely much of the time, and tempted to get into other relationships as well or instead ; and you lack the pleasures and necessary problems of being together, which are essential for developing a contented and functional deep relationship.

5
Posted by: Me 2 | 2011-02-03

I think you should trying communication via Skype, works out cheaper.

Reply to Me 2
Posted by: Me | 2011-02-03

i meant its not going to work,

Reply to Me
Posted by: Me | 2011-02-03

I am in a long distance relationship, the distance is only 200 km but we only see each other once in a month and even then he is always in a hurry to leave, as for phone calls i understand the cost and suggested we don''t have to call each other everyday but atleast text, he is never available if i call after 7, sometimes return my sms with a short and simple message " what are you doing'', and i am calling it quits. So what i am saying is it takes a lot of commitment from both parties to make the relationship work but if there is slight chance that the other is not making an effort, its definitely going to work. but good luck

Reply to Me
Posted by: Experienced | 2011-02-03

They hardly ever work out,look 4 someone nearer.

Reply to Experienced