Question
Posted by: DME | 2008/05/29

DISPLACED HIPS

Good day can any tell me if their is other alternative medicine to operating my 2 year cerebral palsy child for displaced hips.

Expert ImageHandicap Expert

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

Unfortunately, there is no medication or treatment other than an operation to treat your child's displaced hip.

Good luck.

1
Posted by: MARY | 2008/06/26

Hi Dr Anrich, please assist me, my son is 19 years and has had dislocated hips for years now but last year they started to swell and pain, the knees started to swell as well. He was treated at Garden City and told that only if the bone breaks through the skin that they will remove the hip or hips completely as he does not need them as he does not walk. I want to know if there is anything i could do at home to lessen his pain, any cushions I should use? or can I put a hot water bottle next to him?

Reply to MARY