Question
Posted by: Concerned | 2012/02/16

Dispensing of medicine

Hi there,

I was recently issued with incorrect medicine from an " in-house"  pharmacy at a medical practice. When I did some digging, I found out that the dispensing staff are not pharmacists. They don''t have any degree relating to anything to do with medicine or dispensing of medicine. Is this legal? The practice consists of doctors, a sister and the pharmacy staff but no pharmacists.

Thank you.

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi C

This certainly is not legal and this practice may lose it's dispensing licence. If you are concerned, p;ease report this to the South African Pharmacy Council.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/02/17

Hi C

Reply to pharmacist