Question
Posted by: vivi | 2011/03/04

Disorganised Manager

Im in a dillema guys, my manager who happens to be a female is very disorganised in everything you can think off.

She doesnt meet any deadlines, I compile reports and send it to her for her comments, inputs and approval etc, but she doesn''t open her e-mail at all even on urgent matters. I keep on reminding her of urgent deadlines some she willmeet some she won''t.

She looses all important work documents i.e reports, budgets etc., claims.. Im just tired now, and I have lately started applying for jobs as my job doesn''t interest me at all.

When the big boss wants things he phones me directly and the only answers that I will give him wil be I have sent it to my manager and according to me she is theone who need to send it to the big boss.

My question is as im really tired of keep on reminding her of things (work related) that she totally forgets, is it really my job to remind her now and again? Cos in few occasions terrible things have happned due to her not paying attaentions and hence she earns close to 800 000 per annum...

I wonder what idiot made her a manager if she really has the shortcoming you describe ? If the bif boss calls you directly on important matters, this probably indicates that he knows about her, my puzzle is wht he tolerates her. Could you talk directly with him ? Or is there an HR person or dept you can talk with ? Do you really have to remind her and protect her, rather than allowing her to face the consequences of her own carelessness ?
As usual, Purples response is sensible and useful read it carefully.

5

Posted by: CHRIS | 2011/03/04

LOL ... Fantastic !

Reply to CHRIS
Posted by: Disorganized Manager on 800 000 | 2011/03/04

The reason l am disorganized is because my staff are always on the net and i have to do everything myself!
Please stop surfing the net and try to help me instead of moaning all day to strangers!!!!!!!

Reply to Disorganized Manager on 800 000
Posted by: Purple | 2011/03/04

If certain reports are your responsibility and she refuses to give input, then send them where they need to be without her. IF there are complaints about content, she will take the flack for not having given the input.

Even if you are her PA, you can''t actually do her job for her. If she is that disorganised, what is she doing in her job.

Keep looking for something else, its impossible to work wtih someone who doesn''t actually do any work. And if she sinks, she will take you down with her.

Reply to Purple
Posted by: Lolo | 2011/03/04

A u the PA? If so its part of your JOB to remind her. OR is it the salary she is getting that makes you MAD? Ha o sehappy I sugg you start looking for another JOB cause soon you will start bad mouthing her and I don''t think you want go that FAR 4 ya sake.

Reply to Lolo